Day 64 - One More Night - June 8

Ian and I left early enough from the campground to have breakfast on the way out. We stopped at the first restaurant out of Sequoia National Park, the Gateway Lodge and Restaurant for breakfast. We sat outside on the back patio, a lovely shaded spot overlooking the swiftly flowing Keawah River.



As we left, Ian checked his flight and found it was delayed by three hours. So, we could take a little more time getting there. He realized he will miss his connecting flight. We called three times on the drive, losing the connection the first two times. United couldn't get him from Bakersfield to Raleigh until tomorrow morning and they didn't offer any compensation with a room or anything. I was a happy to get one more night with Ian, but the chances of him getting out here again are slim. I think he's used up more time off than he has to hike with me. It's going to be a long time before I see him again.

After we checked into another cheap motel in Bakersfield, we decided to check out the Dionysus Brewery. They specialize in sour beers, which I love. It was good, but it didn't compare to the sours at my local brewery back home. My shoulders were bothering me, so I decided it would be good to go back to the hotel and rest laying down.


This sums up how I feel about being in town too long and also Bakersfield.  :(

Even the art is ambivalent about this city.

Ian has beer, so he's happy

Dionysus Brewing

Comments

Popular Posts