One Year Summary

Let's not dwell on the fact that I failed to post a single blog post for OVER A YEAR.  Instead, let me countdown the top ten things that have happened to me since I disappeared from blogging:


10.  The big guy found a cat that likes snuggling as much as he does.  The kitty's name is Napoleon, I can't remember why.  I think it has something to do with his diminutive stature and general fearlessness.

Kitty snuggle time!

9.  I got a new-to-me used car!  My 1995 Nissan Sentra was getting sadder each day.  I paid cash and I feel like a real grownup.

Posing with my 2009 Mazda 3 - it has a sunroof!

8.  I got a personal record (PR) at the Bull City Half Marathon last fall.  I thought it would be flatter and spent three-quarters of the race in hill-denial before cursing them.  Hill denial is better than hill acceptance.  (Finished in 1:51:something seconds.)

I'm the one in blue.  :)

6.  I ran my fastest 5k at the Greensboro Gobbler last Thanksgiving, plus my name was in the paper as one of the top 24 women finishers.  Sweet!  (22:30, if you're curious).

We are a silly bunch.
7.  I ran the Magnificent Mile race last year in 6 minutes and 24 seconds, way faster than I expected.  This race was so much fun, I'm doing it again this weekend.

Seriously, that looks tough.  I'm not one of those runners that makes it look easy.

5.  I got my old job back after 6 months of unemployment, but only for a limited contract.  Yay/boo!

Jethro helps me look for work.  He's very helpful.

4.  I found a better job, where I get to design more and attempt to boss engineers around (with limited success).  I got to work on designing our new office, currently under construction.

Rendering of the lobby of my future office

3.  My border collie mutt, Roscoe, has taken over my life and became my new running buddy.  He's faster than my big guy but takes more sniff breaks.  He's currently destroying his bullet-proof cloth bed and whining that I need to feed him.

Roscoe is a silly mutt.

2.  Ran my second marathon in 4 hours and 6 minutes, an entire 1 hour and 14 minutes faster than my marathon debut.  What?!?!!!!!  Hard work+screwing up my first marathon=ridiculous PR.  I'm good at math.

Minnie is cheering for me!

1.  Got hitched.  That's right, I'm a married lady now!  No, I did not take his last name, just his money.  Har, har, just kidding.  (That's later.)  We also had an awesome honeymoon in San Francisco, Napa Valley and Monterrey.  I only ran twice during the 2 week honeymoon.

I win at cake!

I'm not going to promise to post more often, because I'm pretty sure the only person reading this is my mom and we talk all the time anyway.  Love you, mama!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts